The first Digital Humanities Summer School in Switzerland will take place at the University of Bern the 26-29 June 2013 !
Senior international scholars will lecture in all major aspects of Digital Humanities. In addition to the plenary courses, the Summer School offers a selection of parallel workshops on various DH topics and tools.
The DH Summer school is organized in three types of modules: courses, workshops, and unconference. In addition, there will be a participant project slam, a social evening and an optional excursion.
Six main courses will be given in plenary session:
- History and Futures of Digital Humanities (S. Schreibmann)
- Digital Textual Editing (E. Pierazzo)
- Social Knowledge Construction and Creation in Literary Studies Environments (R. Siemens)
- Digital Humanities and Cultural Criticism (D. Berry)
- Historical Data Representation and GIS (F. Kaplan)
- Quantitative research methods and network analysis (C. Lemercier )